Have you been given the task of coming up with some good wedding shower ideas? Are you stuck trying to think of any good wedding shower ideas? Well I am going to help you find some of the best wedding shower ideas out there, so fear not.
A wedding shower or ‘bridal shower’ is a party that is usually organised by the maid of honour or chief bridesmaid. It is a gift giving party which normally consists of only women
The wedding shower originated in the 1890s and is more commonly held in the united states and Canada. There is no real custom or ceremony for wedding shower ideas. The basic format is that a group or women get together for drinks, or a meal and ‘shower’ the bride to be with gifts. The way your wedding shower is held is totally down to individual choice.
Some brides will want a big night out with drinks, games, dressing up, the works! Others will prefer something more formal and sedate and prefer a quiet night in amongst friends exchanging stories over a few drinks.
Here are some wedding shower ideas that may help you:
Wedding shower favors, these are small gifts given to everyone attending the wedding shower.
• Gift boxes containing chocolates with the date of the wedding printed onto them
• Name holders for each person
• Small bags of potpourri with the wedding details printed on the front
• Gourmet jelly beans in a personalised box
• Bath salts
• Magnets with silly pictures of the guests on
• Mini photo frames
• Small bottles of Champagne
• Teddy bears
• Make up kits
Games are a great way to get people interacting and laughing. If the bride has asked for games to be included in the wedding shower ideas then here are a few suggestions:
• Who Am I – This is a great game to get people talking. You will need to write down the names of some famous people on cards. Each person selects a card but is not allowed to see what name they have selected. The idea is for each guest to work out who they are by asking questions to which the other guests can only answer yes or no.
• Toilet Paper Wedding Dress – Divide the guests into teams of at least three per team. Each team is then given rolls of toilet roll and has to select a bride from each group. Each team will then have 30 minutes to create the best bride using only toilet paper. Obviously this is just a bit of fun and don’t expect any designer wedding dresses here! The bride to be chooses the winner.
• Two Truths and a Lie – Each guest has to introduce herself to the rest of the people at the wedding shower. Each guest will say three things about themselves two of which will be true and one which is a lie. The challenge is to work out which one is the lie.
If the wedding shower ideas you are planning are for a night out then you may want to think about making the event fancy dress or have some sort of theme. Most people consider a stripper or male dancer something that is expected at these events, however these days it is less wanted by the bride to be. Make sure you consider exactly what the bride to be will enjoy rather than something others may find funny.
A wedding shower should be fun, exciting and consist of lots of gifts for the bride to be. I would recommend you ask the other guests who have been invited to chip in some extra money to pay for any food and drinks the bride to be may want.